To ensure timely and accurate payment of invoices to vendors, and process other payment requests for the Accounts Payable Department.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Three years office experience, preferably in Accounts Payable. Courses in the following areas helpful: business English, business math, data processing.
Desirable: Experience with an on-line accounts payable system and Completion of a basic accounting course at an accredited college or university or the equivalent bookkeeping experience.
* General Office Practices
* General Office Technology
* Accounting Principals
* Customer Orientation
* Attention to detail
* Verbal Expression
* Responsible for data entry into Oracle-based Synergen and OnBase archiving AP software systems.
* Performs queries in the Microsoft Dynamics AX system for vendor and payment information.
* Maintains the vendor paid files.
* Processes and routes incoming invoices.
* Processes AP checks bi-weekly.
* Analyzes purchase orders for payment terms and other pertinent data necessary to pay invoices within the terms of the agreement.
* Routes invoices for approval authorization from requisitioner to attest quality assurance of material or service, when necessary.
* Serves as vendor's centralized point of contact regarding unpaid invoices.
* Analyzes and ensures all vouchers entered into Microsoft Dynamics AX and Synergen AP systems are correctly coded.
* Contacts vendors, purchasing agents, material receiving personnel and requisitioners for resolution of problem invoices.
* Ensures Supply Management procedures as they relate to the invoicing process are adhered to.
* Reviews vendor statements to ensure Seminole’s account is current.
* Other duties as applicable to the position or as assigned.
Some travel and work outside of normal business hours. While working in certain areas of the plant there is the potential for exposure to hazards typical of an industrial working environment. Must be able to follow established protective measures including, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE).