About The Position
The Administrative Assistant Confidential is responsible for advising and supporting the Sr. Director/Directors/Managers on all matters relating to the business function/segment; responsible for coordinating and completing special projects as assigned; perform confidential secretarial and administrative duties involving the exercise of independent judgment supporting the Sr. Director/Director's/Manager's; acts as a liaison between Ameren leadership and function/segment leadership; and assists the Sr. Director/Director's/Manager's with a broad range of responsibilities.
Key responsibilities include:
• Coordinate and organize the Sr. Director/Director's activities within the company, professional organization and board support and coordination.
• Serve as lead on special projects/events and/or coordinate project/events, timelines and direct teams to a successful conclusion for the department/function.
• Assist in preparing presentations; developing spreadsheets; and use of other related tools for the Sr. Director/Director's/Manager's.
• Coordinate key business meetings for Sr. Director/Director's.
• Manage action items for Sr. Director/Director's direct reports and ensures readiness, as necessary, for Sr. Director's review.
• Assist Sr. Director with external board responsibilities and meetings.
• Coordinate/assist in records management for various projects/events.
• Provide direct support to project teams and coordinate efforts with business partners.
• Responsible for the coordination of corporate employee programs for the function/segment (A&E, United Way, Townhall, etc.)
• Coordinate training and Safety events for the function.
• Act as Credit Card Site Administrator.
• Assist with corporate credit card reconciliation and expense account preparation for Sr. Director/Director's/Manager's.
• Act as TRIS Administrator for the function/segment.
• Coordinate activities related to salary, personnel changes, and assist with the performance appraisal process.
• Effective representation of Sr. Director/Director's/Manager's and other staff as appropriate to internal and external contacts.
• Perform other day-to-day activities including, but not limited to, travel arrangements, schedule coordination, personnel paperwork, arranging conference calls and webinars, coordinate training, typing and filing for Sr. Director/Director's/Manager's.
• Effectively handle sensitive/confidential information.
• Provide back-up to other support/administrative personnel in Supply Services.
• Provide back-up and assistance to Executive Assistant and SVP
• Provide other duties as assigned by the Sr. Director/Director's/Manager's.
• Serve as a resource to employees for forms, travel arrangements, organization knowledge, and other similar activities.
High School diploma or equivalent and Associates Degree or Formal Administrative Assistant certification required. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, or related discipline from and accredited university preferred. Three or more years of relevant clerical/administrative experience required.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of software packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required. Proficiency of Visio and SharePoint preferred. Proficiency with PeopleSoft, Oracle and Ameren specific applications and practices required. Must possess strong administrative skills and the ability to work with both internal and external clients in an independent and professional manner. Ability to interact effectively with all levels including Senior Management required. Ability to work in a confidential manner and take a leadership role in various projects and activities required. Basic knowledge of TRIS preferred. Must be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.