Location(s): TX - Amarillo
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Performs a wide variety of administrative functions and secretarial services. Handles details and assignments of a moderately complex nature within agreed upon limits using established guidelines and proceduresEssential Responsibilities
- Composes, design, edits and prepares various correspondence, documents and reports for the department including spreadsheets, graphs and charts. Identifies computer applications to perform required duties in the most effective manner.
- Processes department timekeeping and employees changes. Greets and directs visitors. Responds to telephone callers by answering routine questions.
- Maintain confidential files, personnel files and reports. Receives, sorts, redirects and prioritizes incoming mail. Directs important matters to appropriate department personnel. Order and maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Provides training to others in area of expertise. Design and administer office procedures. Evaluates and revised procedures as necessary to improve office efficiency.
- Assist with preparation and tracking of departmental budgets. Maintain & prepare payment processing for outside contractors and vendors.
- Coordinate and initiate meetings and travel arrangements for the department. Arrange schedules for management staff.
- Maintains and updates corporate documents (i.e. policies and procedures, organizational charts and announcements for designated department) and departmental files.
- Conducts special projects requiring research and report development. Research may require collection and analysis of data. Checks data input for accuracy and corrects errors.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years administrative support experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Associates Degree and/or Professional Secretarial Certification
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Amarillo || TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Operations || 14285:Dist Eng TX North SPS || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18860
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com