Location(s): MN - St Cloud
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Advanced Step (4th step or above) Apprentice Gas Technician/ Journeyman Gas Technician to be located at our St. Clkoud Service Center in St. Cloud, Minnesota. This positon will require the successful applicant to reside within 20 miles of the St. Cloud Service Center.
District regulator maintenance, odorization, meter testing, instrument calibration, meter and large regulator sizing/maintenance/installation, plastic pipe fusion, service regulators, odorization, meter and regulation, tapping, operational surveys, customer priority work, fitting, equipment operation, knowledge and ability to respond to gas leak (inside and outside) investigation/emergencies, gas leak repair, cathodic protection, locating, meter reading, valve maintenance and material handling.
High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid Class A commercial drivers license (must meet driver qualification requirements as specified in FMCSR Parts 382 and 391)
- Three or more years Gas Construction and/or Gas service experience
- Gas Technician experience preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds safely
- Must reside within twenty miles of the service center
- Must Meet Operator Qualification requirements.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships in a team-oriented environment
- Direct customer contact experience desirable
- Position is subject to DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements
- Pass the Gas Respirator Qualification test
- Subject to residency requirements and on-call duty on a rotating basis
- May require rotating or off shift working hours
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - St Cloud || MN - St Cloud || United States (US) || Operations || 21280:Gas Ops St Cloud MN || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16336
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org