Location(s): ND - Minot
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Advanced Step/Journeyman Lineman at our Minot Service Center in Minot, North Dakota.
This position will work as part of an electric line crew operation and perform duties of the lineman classification involving construction, maintenance and emergency repairs of all overhead and underground distribution and transmission systems in Xcel Energy service territory.
The successful candidate will be required to reside within 20 miles of the reporting headquarters.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Technical School Lineman degree.
• Must presently be qualified to be a Journeyman Lineman. Documentation of completion of a journeyman lineman program is required for the journeyman level positon..
• Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks, trenchers is required.
• Must be able to work at heights up to and above 100 feet.
• Must be willing to travel and work away from home.
• Must be able to communicate effectively; have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace
• Must have a high quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service.
• Must be able to work additional hours, respond to after hours and weekend call outs.
• A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times.
• Must meet driver qualification requirements as specified in FMCSR Parts 382 and 391 including the possession of a valid Commercial Driver’s License Class A.
• Must live within 20 miles from the reporting headquarters.
• This job will require the ability to work in an efficient manner while performing the essential responsibilities of the position which may include lifting and maneuvering up to 50 lb
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: ND - Minot || ND - Minot || United States (US) || Operations || 1111C:Elect Ops Minot || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19055
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org