Energy Group specializes in energy infrastructure investments, with a focus on power generation, transmission, storage and related projects. Through the Energy Infrastructure Fund, including successor funds and affiliated investment vehicles, the Energy Fund has raised approximately $3 billion of equity capital and has executed approximately $7 billion in enterprise value. The Energy team brings extensive development, construction, operations, acquisition and financing expertise to its investments. The Analyst, Asset Management will be responsible for supporting the asset management of the Energy’s operating assets. The candidate will support energy management strategy and optimization, internal and external analysis and reporting, interacting with third party asset, energy and O&M managers and internal team members. The Analyst will be responsible for developing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and analysis. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Asset Management.
• Support energy strategy and optimization efforts including hedging and contracting, risk management activities and analysis of projected margins and sensitivity analysis.
• Prepare weekly analysis and reports required, as required, under the company’s risk management policy including mark-to-market, value at risk and credit analysis or alternatively oversee third party support.
• Prepare quarterly asset management reports and support internal review of asset performance, including key performance indicators.
• Support quarterly valuation of assets and quarterly investor updates.
• Support the annual asset budget process and compile budgets for internal reviews.
• Develop and compile monthly financial and operations reporting packages from third party asset managers. Develop summaries and disseminate to team members.
• Develop processes for sourcing, retrieving and integrating internal/external data and information on
•Use proficient statistical and computer skills, including Excel/R/Python/SQL/PI/Yes Energy or other data and energy management tools, to improve efficiency and provide business and commercial insights.
• Analyze and track regulatory affairs and policies and their impacts.
• Conduct market analysis supporting both existing and new opportunities. Support market analysis to facilitate analysis of investment opportunities.
• Evaluate asset optimization and due diligence opportunities with the company’s investment team.
• Analyze and monitor key performance indicators and support internal and external reporting.
• Support investment team acquisition and development activities including due diligence, modeling and exit analysis/strategy.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related field of study (technical discipline preferred).
• 2-4 years prior experience modeling complex energy projects
• Strong analytical and commercial skills
• Strong Excel, PowerPoint, data mining and statistical skills
• Comfortable presenting in front of groups
• Attention to detail and proactive
• General knowledge of the capacity and energy markets