Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks an Application Engineer who has a strong technical background in power systems, system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing. Successful candidates will excel in problem solving and troubleshooting and have excellent customer service, relationship building and training skills. If you are an engineer with demonstrated experience in electric power systems and are interested in applying your skills to promote, support, and develop distribution control products and solutions that serve the electric power industry, we invite you to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop expertise in power systems, system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing, and all related SEL products.
- Help customers apply SEL products through visits, demonstrations, training courses and telephone contact.
- Contribute to product specifications, application and testing software, and literature.
- Participate in SEL marketing and sales activities and industry technical meetings and conferences.
- Teach and lead in training schools for customers and SEL personnel.
- Maintain customer application and quality information, and develop industry relationships.
- Continuously identify, measure, follow, and improve marketing, sales, and engineering quality procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additionally, if a Team Lead, support the Regional Technical Manager, and supervise, lead, and develop technical support staff, and serve as the point of contact and decision-maker for your team on technical customer service and support issues.
- Additionally, if a Team Lead, manage team schedules, performance reviews, expenses, phone duty, and primary customer responsibilities.
- Additionally, if a Team Lead, plan, promote, and organize all territory technical customer visits, SEL University courses, conferences, seminars, customer technical service, and other marketing and sales activities.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
- 10 years experience in power systems, industry practices, system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing
- Demonstrated experience in system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing and industry practices
- Proven technical training, speaking, writing, and customer service skills
- Ability to direct daily work activities
- Willingness to travel
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, with emphasis in system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing
- Proven expertise in a specific application or discipline
- Published application guides and technical paper at industry conference or in journal
- Experience using SEL products
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.