Provide technical support to the Northeast region of the United States as an Application Engineer (Protection) with Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories! If you are looking for an opportunity to travel and solve real world technical problems, train customers on SEL products and become recognized as an industry expert in a fast growing global company, then this position is for you!
- Maintain and improve knowledge of power systems protection and all related SEL products.
- Help customers apply SEL products through visits, demonstrations, training courses and telephone contact.
- Contribute to product specifications, application and testing software, and literature.
- Participate in SEL marketing and sales activities and industry technical meetings and conferences.
- Teach in training schools for customers and SEL personnel.
- Maintain customer database for customer application and quality information.
- Continuously identify, measure, follow, and improve marketing, sales, and engineering quality procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
- 3 years experience in power systems, industry practices, and protection
- Completion of SEL Engineering Development Program or equivalent work experience
- Proven technical training, speaking, writing, and customer service skills
- Ability to direct daily work activities with general supervision
- Ability to travel
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, with emphasis in protection
- Published application guides
- Experience using SEL products
Position is located in Lewis Center, OH.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.