Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop expertise in power system protection, and all related SEL products.
2. Help customers apply SEL products through visits, demonstrations, training courses, email, and telephone contact.
3. Contribute to product specifications, application and testing software, and literature.
4. Participate in SEL marketing and sales activities and industry technical meetings and conferences.
5. Teach in customer on-site and online visits, SEL University courses, and hands-on seminars for customers and SEL personnel.
6. Maintain customer application and quality information, and develop industry relationships.
7. Model, teach and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World-Class Manufacturing principles.
8. Understand. Create. Simplify.
9. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
Five or more years' experience in power systems, industry practices, and protection and control
Strong technical training, speaking, writing, and customer service skills
Willingness to travel
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Proficient in written and spoken Korean and English languages
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Must be able to work in South Korea without sponsorship
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)