Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a passionate and driven individual to join our team as an Application Engineering Intern. As an Application Engineering Intern, you will have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, SEL's technical experts who serve the product development team and the industry to solve problems! If this sounds like an exciting opportunity you would enjoy, apply today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide support for communication/automation/protection test beds.
2. Perform testing on existing and new technology.
3. Document test bed activities and results.
4. Support Sales and Customer Service and product development activities related to communication/automation/protection.
5. Support applications engineers to develop best practice application guides for SEL technology that provide secure and compliant solutions.
6. Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
7. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
8. Understand. Create. Simplify.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Current student pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Irvine, CA- This position is located in Irvine, CA, where you will enjoy the perfect balance of city living and preserved natural spaces. Located just forty miles from Los Angeles, adjacent to the John Wayne/Orange County airport and only a short drive to the beautiful Southern California beaches. You can enjoy a variety of great shopping, entertainment, sports, and access to great schools and universities. Irvine is known as the center of Orange County, culturally diverse and has an enjoyable climate, making it the perfect location to call home.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.