Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative, and detailed student for our Application Engineering Intern position located in Lakewood, Colorado. If you are looking for an opportunity to work with state of the art technology on power system protection, then this position is for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide support for communication/automation/protection test beds.
2. Perform testing on existing and new technology.
3. Document test bed activities and results.
4. Support Sales and Customer Service and product development activities related to communication/automation/protection.
5. Support applications engineers to develop best practice application guides for SEL technology that provide secure and compliant solutions.
6. Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
7. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
8. Understand. Create. Simplify.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Current student pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Lakewood, CO-This position is located in Lakewood, CO. Tucked against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, and located just seven miles away from Denver, making Lakewood a perfect place to live and work. Enjoy an unmatched quality of life with easy access to outdoor recreation and great schools.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.