Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a passionate and driven individual to join our team as an Application Engineering Intern. As an Application Engineering Intern, you will have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, SEL's technical experts who serve the product development team and the industry to solve problems! If this sounds like an exciting opportunity you would enjoy, apply today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide support for communication/automation/protection test beds.
2. Perform testing on existing and new technology.
3. Document test bed activities and results.
4. Support Sales and Customer Service and product development activities related to communication/automation/protection.
5. Support applications engineers to develop best practice application guides for SEL technology that provide secure and compliant solutions.
6. Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
7. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
8. Understand. Create. Simplify.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Current student pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Fairview Heights, IL – This position is located in Fairview Heights, IL. Located just 15 minutes from downtown St Louis. A quick Metrorail trip to the city will allow you to enjoy all that the big city has to offer, including professional sports teams, first rate entertainment, and great universities. Enjoy local shops, easy access to parks, and great dinning. Fairview Heights is a city rich in history, and values community, making it the perfect place to live and work.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.