About The Position
The Applications Development Specialist Lead is primarily responsible for designing, programming, implementing and maintaining computer information systems that provide support for functions within the Company.
Key responsibilities include:
• Contributes strategic vision and integrates a broad range of ideas regarding applications development. Recognized across the organization for applications development expertise and sought as a resource for resolution of unique or complex application development problems. Undertakes the most complex projects involving multiple disciplines and may impact multiple business units.
• Independently designs, programs, implements, and maintains computer information systems to provide support for a variety of functions within the company relating to confidential and non-confidential matters. Also assists in systems planning, scheduling and implementation. Often coordinates with users to determine requirements. Reviews systems under development and related documentation.
• Ensure data integrity and successful backup and restoration ability, monitor assigned systems and exercise good project management skills to ensure that changes are successfully implemented and monitored for effect.
• Provide analysis, project management, and programming expertise for a variety of systems. Leads a project team in the analysis, design, and development of business applications.
• Regularly coach other project personnel in most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
• Assists in the planning of future project work.
• Represent the department in meetings.
• Keep abreast of developments in computer hardware and software. Participate in studies and recommendations regarding hardware or software.
• Develops applications in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
• Monitors and reports to management on project status and outstanding issues.
• Maintain a high degree of integrity to safeguard company position on confidential matters.
• Direct outside consultants/vendors in the development and implementation of applications to insure delivery on-time and within budget.
• Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
• May assume supervisor’s role on a limited basis in supervisor’s absence, and may provide input to leadership regarding co-worker performance.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent computer related degree from an accredited college or university.
• Master’s level degree preferred.
• Ten or more years of relevant applications development experience required, including two or more years of experience leading the design and implementation of large multi-user corporate business applications.
• Twelve years or more of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Depth and breadth of business knowledge required.
• Knowledge and experience with the following technologies may be required or preferred based on the position posted, and will be determined during vacancy scoping:
o Programming Languages:.NET, C/C#, JAVA
o Database Management: SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Sybase
o Tools: Visual Studio
o Platforms: Windows Server, Linux/Unix
o Middleware: MQ Series, ASP.NET, Web Services
o Other programs, skills or tools for unique roles
• Good analytical, communication and facilitation, leadership and human relations skills required.
• May be required to work off-hours for project needs, support/upgrade/outage reasons, and systems implementations.
• May also be required to carry an on-call pager or cell phone to provide the required system support (includes 24x7x365).
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.