About The Position
The Applications Development Specialist II is primarily responsible for designing, programming, implementing and maintaining computer information systems that provide support for functions within the Company.
Key responsibilities include:
• Under moderate supervision and guidance, develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications that are reasonably complex. Analyzes system requirements and existing business processes and information systems.
• Design, program, implement, and maintain computer information systems to provide support for a variety of functions within the company relating to confidential and non-confidential matters. Also assists in systems planning, scheduling and implementation.
• Ensure data integrity and successful backup and restoration ability, monitor assigned systems and exercise good project management skills to ensure that changes are successfully implemented and monitored for effect.
• Typically takes on several components of a project, or a complex component of a single project.
• Represent the department in meetings.
• Keep abreast of current developments in computer hardware, software, and other office equipment. Prepare studies and make recommendations regarding utilization of such equipment and software. Maintain a high degree of integrity to safeguard company position on confidential matters.
• Develops applications in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
• Monitors and reports to management on project status and outstanding issues.
• Maintain a high degree of integrity to safeguard company position on confidential matters.
• May direct outside contractors in the development and implementation of computer information systems to assure a timely, cost-efficient process.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent computer related degree from an accredited college or university.
• Five or more years of relevant applications development experience required.
• Two or more years of experience required in leading the design or implementation of business applications on a variety of computing platforms or deep expertise in the platform specific for the role.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Knowledge and experience with the following technologies may be required or preferred based on the position posted, and will be determined during vacancy scoping:
o Database Management: SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, MySQL, SQL Server 2000 / 2004
o Tools: Visual Studio, Visual Source Safe
o Platforms: Windows, Unix
o Task Automation Tools: Gulp, Grunt
o SOA : Web Services, WCF
o Design Patterns: MVC, Singleton
o Version Control: TFS, SVN, BitBucket, Git
o Application Servers :Apache Tomcat, IIS
o Content Management WCS (Oracle Web Content Server)
o Data Interchange RESTful API, XML
o CSS Framework Bootstrap 2.x/3.x, SASS
• Good analytical, communication and facilitation, leadership and human relations skills required.
• May be required to work off-hours for project needs, support/upgrade/outage reasons, and systems implementations.
• May also be required to carry an on-call pager or cell phone to provide the required system support (includes 24x7x365).
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.