Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Apprentice Coordinator for apprentice programs at Xcel Energy. Act as a liaison among apprentices, managers, journeymen, technical instructors, and Joint Apprenticeship Committees (JACs). Respond to requests about apprenticeship program to outside agencies. Develop solid understanding of apprentice programs (typically one to three programs) and represent the apprentice files to the Joint Apprenticeship Committee/ Functional Joint Apprenticeship Committee (JAC/FJAC) under the direction of the Apprentice Program Administrator and/or Manager. Oversee aspects of apprenticeship programs.Responsibilities
- Maintain apprentice records. Receive information from apprentice and maintain master file for each apprentice’s record. Review records for accuracy compared to documented apprenticeship program. Maintain master file of documented apprenticeship program.
- Attend meetings with Joint Apprenticeship Committee/ Functional Joint Apprenticeship Committee (JAC/ FJAC) in a liaison capacity in order to represent apprentice performance and progress through specific apprentice programs. Provide communication from apprentices to JAC/FJACs and communication from JAC/FJACs back to apprentices, primarily through written correspondence.
- Represent the apprenticeship program to Department of Labor and Veteran’s Administration on behalf of Xcel Energy with advice/direction from Apprentice Program Administrator or Management. In a liaison capacity for Technical Training, seek out relationships with external organizations (community colleges, trade organization, etc.) and Xcel Energy employees in order to facilitate clear understanding of apprenticeship programs and to ensure the appropriate training is provided consistent with Apprentice Program requirements.
- Interact with Apprentices, Managers, JAC/FJAC, and System Supervisory Joint Apprenticeship Committee (SSJAC) to ensure uniform administration of the programs. Provide communication to outside departments who are asked to review apprentice program consistency (EEO, WFR, etc.) with direction from management.
- Provide Apprentice orientations for new apprentices in program explaining the multi-faceted program, which includes On-the-Job training, Classroom training, and related training. Ensure all apprentices receive Safety Orientation.
- Provide journeymen and management with training on apprentice program in order to support and facilitate training requirements for apprentices.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years experience in administrative support services.
- Requires basic knowledge of apprenticeship program operations and policies. Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Previous experience in the utility industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated project management experience preferred.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Operations || 58700:Operations Chief of Staff || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17052
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com