Brief Posting Description
Do all construction and maintenance work assigned in a safe and efficient manner.
1. Must have a satisfactory work record.
2. Must successfully pass a Background Check.
3. Must successfully complete the 'Technical Trades Pre-Qualification test with a 75% or better.
4. Must have and maintain or be able to obtain within 180 days a valid Colorado Class A Commercial Drivers License, with Tanker and Hazardous Material endorsements and no Air Brake restrictions
5. Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining First Aid and CPR card within 6 months of hire and have the ability to perform First Aid and CPR.
6. Must have a willingness to work in and around high voltages common to the electric utility industry.
7. Must be willing to accept overnight travel up to 75% of working time.
8 Must reside within 60 minutes response time from the reporting location.
9. Must be willing to work extra and irregular hours as the utility needs may require, and willing to work under unusual or special working conditions; storms, extreme temperatures, winds, darkness, etc.
10. Must have sufficient knowledge and skill in the safe use of electrical and electronic tools.
11. Must be willing to climb steel structures and work at various heights.
12. Must be able to work in confined areas.
13. Must have or be willing to acquire the skills in the safe use and care of basic hand tools, power tools, and hot line tools.
(Must be able to demonstrate the capability of performing all of the essential functions of the position.)
(The Company reserves the right to change the minimum requirements at any time as needed.)
The Transmission Joint Review Board may grant credit towards the term of apprenticeship to new apprentices who demonstrate previous acquisition of skills or knowledge equivalent to that which would be received under the Standards of Apprenticeship. Step one will be awarded unless indicated by the Transmission Joint Review Board. In order to be awarded a higher step, documentation must be submitted to the Transmission Joint Review Board for their consideration within thirty-one days of the effective start date.
To apply online click on Job Postings, then click on the iRecruitment link, Log In, then click on the iRecruitment Employee Candidate link and then click on Search for jobs.
If you complete a paper bid, return to Employee Services, please DO NOT return the job bid form to your supervisor.
Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association is a wholesale electric power supplier owned by the 43 electric cooperatives that it serves. Tri-State generates and transmits electricity to its member systems throughout a 200,000 square-mile service territory across Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico and Wyoming.
Serving approximately 1.5 million consumers, Tri-State was founded in 1952 by its member systems to provide a reliable, cost-based supply of electricity. Headquartered in Westminster, Colo., nearly 1,200 people are employed by Tri-State throughout its four-state service area.
Tri-State's power is generated through a combination of owned baseload and peaking power plants that use coal and natural gas as their primary fuels, supplemented by purchased power, federal hydroelectricity allocations and renewable resource technologies. Tri-State delivers power to its members through a transmission system that includes substation facilities, telecommunications sites and over 5000 miles of high voltage transmission lines.
Interested? Here is how to Apply:
Tri-State: Join the people behind the power. Tri-State recognizes the value of a highly-engaged and committed workforce and provides an excellent benefits program that includes medical, dental, retirement and life insurance.
Please visit our careers site at: www.tristategt.org/careers/ for more details.
Equal Opportunity Employer