As the PSAV on-site Power Distribution Manager, this person will be handling most of, if not all, electrical requirements for their assigned hotels as well as outside Production Companies operating at PSAV locations. This position will be required to both supervise and schedule Technicians as needed to manage workflow. This position is required to work closely with the PSAV Exhibit Manager, PSAV sales staff and show decorators. This postion reports to the Regional Manager, Power Distribution.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Identify development needs and provide/support training for team. Assist with career and performance goal setting and tracking.
- Recruit, hire and manage full time Power Distribution staff at assigned locations.
- Performance manage, lead, motivate and progressive discipline (at time) staff
- Assign projects based on factors including existing relationships, area of expertise and personality.
- Publish and maintain work schedules. Maintain a positive employee relations environment.
Training and Development
- Ensure all on-site personnel have received proper training and acquired necessary skills to safely execute PD according to the PSAV wall out standard.
- Support all local, regional and national training efforts, including (not limited to) training at the Elgin EPC.
Electrical Equipment Handling. Optimization and Needs Planning
- Create and execute show load-in/ load-out plans for both Trade Shows and Production Companies.
- Set and strike required electrical power for General Sessions, Breakouts Computer Labs, Meal Functions, Entertainment Events, Exhibitors, Decorators and Production Companies including building custom cables and assisting in the fabrication of electrical components if needed.
- Troubleshoot when problems arise
- Manage power distribution inventory and be responsible for power sub rental management and reduction.
- Read, create and execute Exhibitor order forms, Electrical and Exhibitor Booth diagrams/blueprints and determine labor and material needs for future shows.
- Demonstrate strong customer services skills as part of maintaining positive relationships with all internal and external Clients.
- Develop strategies for influencing potential internal and external clients.
- Provide support, either personally or through delegation, in the preparation of quotes as requested.
- Interpret requirements for both equipment and labor. Assist sales team in the specification of show labor requirements to ensure that required margins are met.
- Effectively direct PSAV employees and assist outside electricians when required to do so.
- Cross train PSAV co-workers and if needed assist with normal day-to-day audio visual set-ups/strikes.
- Partner with the National Power Distribution team to manage and translate the communications between our subject matter experts and our hotel sales and operations teams for project activities within the region.
- Assist in the communications with RVPs of Operations, RVPs of Sales, and hotel management to ensure information is delivered in a concise, professional and proactive manner.
- Provide on-site support as needed to ensure strategic projects are delivered on-time and local expectations are carefully managed.
Required Experience :
- 3-5 years electrical experience
- Commercial Journeyman’s license
- Education Level: Certificate
- Electrical Knowledge: Working knowledge of 110v-220v, single and three phase equipment, different connectors, power phases, amperages, and voltages. Know the differences and/or European conversion to American power. Knowledge of Power Generators and Transformers, as well as of meters and tools of the trade.
- Broad familiarity with the trade show and production industries
- Customer service experience is required with both internal and external customers
- The candidate will also have at least 1 year serving in an instructional role
- Able to create and implement training programs safety procedures
- Implement ongoing maintenance and continuous education programs
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office CADD programs such as Vector works or AutoCAD
- Ability to work long days, have flexible shifts and need to be available 24/7