Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks an Assembler who wishes to work in a fast paced and ever changing high tech environment. If you have demonstrated successful experience in manual dexterity, the ability to multi-task, and possess process improvement skills, we invite you to consider joining our innovative team.
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Global Factories Located in Lake Zurich, Illinois, SEL’s, provides a positive, clean, safe, climate-controlled, professional environment where you can make a difference and grow your career as part of a World Class manufacturing team. The company’s proximity to Chicago will allow you to enjoy all that the city has to offer, but its quieter, suburban location is ideal for those looking for a more relaxed place to live and work.
- Read and follow work instructions and processes to Assemble electronic systems
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other
- Perform any combination of following tasks to assemble electronic components, subassemblies, products or systems
- Mounts assembled components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets, on chassis panel.
- Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points, using soldering or related bonding procedures and equipment.
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and/or cabinets. Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, and switches, to assemblies.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching and color coding parts and assemblies.
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
- Performs on-line go-not-go testing and inspection, using magnifying devices, measuring instruments, and electronic test equipment, to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- May perform assembly operations under microscope or other magnifying device.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work cooperatively in a team atmosphere.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Ability to pass content of the job (electronic/mechanical assembly) test
- Basic math skills and the ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English
- Manual dexterity and ability to concentrate
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in team environment
- Ability to work overtime, as required
- Ability to sit all day, stand all day and frequently lift up to 40 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
- Background check satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Adhere to SEL tobacco-free policy
- Electronic assembly experience
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.