Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks Assemblers who wish to work in a fast paced and ever changing high tech environment. If you have demonstrated successful experience in manual dexterity, the ability to multi-task, and possess process improvement skills, we invite you to consider joining our innovative team. These positions are for future Assembler openings located in Pullman, WA with the starting wage of $14.50 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Follows detailed work instructions to perform basic production duties such as assembly, operating machinery, packaging products, building products and soldering.
2. Obtains a basic understanding of quality and productivity standards.
3. Demonstrates a willingness to learn, retain information and becomes proficient in basic electronic production processes.
4. Learns and follow all safety policies.
5. Develops positive and effective working relationships with co-workers.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Ability to listen, comprehend, and follow technical instructions
Learn and follow all safety policies.
Ability to work overtime as required
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Word processing and spreadsheet skills
Lift, push, pull and maneuver up to 40 pounds frequently
Sit and/or stand at least 8 hours
Vision correctable to 20/30 or better
Fine finger dexterity sufficient to handle and place parts with precision and accuracy for at least 8 hours
Pullman, WA- SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.