Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks Assemblers who wish to work in a fast paced and ever changing high tech environment. If you have demonstrated successful experience in manual dexterity, the ability to multi-task, and possess process improvement skills, we invite you to consider joining our innovative team. These positions are for future Assembler openings located in Pullman, WA with the starting wage of $14.00 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Model SEL values.
2. Assemble SEL's high-tech products to corporate quality standards.
3. Follow work instructions to accurately assemble, solder, wash, inspect, or test SEL's products and subassemblies.
4. Directly place components, build or package products, or operate state-of-the-art machinery.
5. Learn and gain skills to become proficient in department processes.
6. Continuously identify, measure, and improve Manufacturing processes by participating in process improvement teams.
7. Work cooperatively in a team atmosphere.
8. Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Ability to listen, comprehend, and follow technical instructions
Basic math skills and the ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English
Manual dexterity and ability to focus on tasks at hand
Ability to communicate and work effectively as part of a team
Ability to work overtime, as required
Word processing and spreadsheet skills
Electronic assembly experience
Lift, push, pull and maneuver up to 40 pounds frequently
Sit and/or stand at least 8 hours
Vision correctable to 20/30 or better
Fine finger dexterity sufficient to handle and place parts with precision and accuracy for at least 8 hours
Pullman, WA- SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.