About The Position
The Associate Business Analyst is responsible for defining, improving, and implementing business processes related to the operation of Ameren systems. Strong analytical skills are required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer’s business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. Must be able to manage multiple priorities with a high incidence of changing requirements, meet very aggressive deadlines and demanding work schedules, and manage large workloads.
Key responsibilities include:
• Act as a liaison between business departments, key stakeholders, vendors and IT to elicit, document, analyze and validate business requirements.
• Attend and provide input to meetings with business departments, IT resources, key stakeholders and third-party vendors as needed. Support interviews and group work sessions for low complexity projects.
• Assist with the analysis and identification of solutions (process changes and system enhancements) to eliminate problems, improve user effectiveness, and improve system accuracy.
• Build and utilize networks to gather pertinent project information efficiently. Integrate knowledge, experience and value to support accurate decision making. Appropriately document knowledge and share lessons learned for low complexity projects.
• Identify and organize project tasks, facilitate issue meetings, track issues and communicate status updates to the project team for low complexity projects.
• Identify points of conflict and appropriately escalate, involving major stakeholders to target satisfactory resolution
• Facilitate review and signoff of design changes to ensure design changes meet business requirements. Act as a liaison between IT and business customers by communicating changes to designs and test plans, identifying problems, providing status updates and facilitating signoff for low complexity projects.
• Perform business, operational changes to system tables and the testing associated to changes or enhancements.
• Provide input into documentation and training materials for low complexity projects.
• Capture, incorporate and document business policy and procedure changes within the department/business line to meet requirements where appropriate.
• Develop work flows and diagrams using modeling techniques. Draw process maps and document processes for low complexity projects.
• Collaborate with various IT resources to assess and identify capability gaps, determine solution options, approach, and define solution scope.
• Learn and apply best practices and established standards to elicit, analyze, document, validate and communicate requirements, business processes, and business rules for low complexity process changes and system enhancements to eliminate problems, improve user effectiveness, and improve system accuracy for low complexity projects.
• Ability to take Initiative, work independently and meet deadlines.
• Encourage innovation in self and others.
• This specific role will support the Digital Strategy team. This team supports the overall Digital organization in developing, measuring, and executing the Digital strategy.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics or Business Administration is required. Consideration may be given to candidates with extensive related experience (3 or more years) as a business analyst performing a broad array of business analyst's competencies, without the academic requirement. One or more year of experience working with IT related systems/projects preferred. Business Analyst experience is preferred. One or more years of experience in a customer service oriented and/or IT related field preferred. One or more years of experience working with the System Development Life Cycle, Waterfall, Iterative or Agile methodology preferred. One or more years of experience in an analytical role preferred. One or more years working with the Microsoft Office tools required. Thorough PC/computer skills and knowledge required.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Creative self-starter with strong interpersonal skills - able to work effectively as a team. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Proven analytical skills, ability to synthesize unstructured information to support decision-making, well-organized and applies robust time-management skills. Knowledge of Business Process Modeling & Redesign concepts and experience preferred. Continuous Improvement skills and knowledge preferred (i.e., ITSM, ITIL, Six Sigma, Lean, other). Certification IIBA (International institute of Business Analysis) CBAP or equivalent preferred.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
* Salary dependent upon individual credentials and position market pay level.