Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Responsible for ensuring the efficacy and efficiency of the IT Asset Management process (ITAM), publishing regular ITAM performance metrics reports, creating/updating ITAM process documents and training materials. Assist peers with administration of other IT Service Management processes. Provide training on the use and purpose of the ITAM process to diverse teams that perform basis asset data maintenance. Supports audit and regulatory compliance tasks, ensuring that IT Operations procedures and practices align with company objectives and regulatory requirements. The role will include activities in the support of developing new process improvements and technical solutions to meet business needs.
- Assist in managing demand for assigned applications or areas of infrastructure incl. prioritization, release management, & requirements definition. Ensure the proper alignment of business requirements related to new infrastructure/information systems solutions & enhancements to existing systems/infrastructure for small applications; assist senior team members in supporting large applications. Analyze user's business needs; make analytical decisions about application function. Determine functional specifications & communicate to IT vendor. Write & approve functional specifications, identify/document requirements, manage scope & coordinate justifiable solutions.
- Develop information systems & infrastructure solutions along with plans for assigned business/technical area. Participate in cross-functional teams to assure solutions & plans meet changing business/customer/competitive requirements. Provide consulting to all business area customers; ensure plans are integrated into business strategic/operational plans.
- Assist manager/peers with initiating & maintaining relationships with customers. Communicate effectively with business, IT peers & vendors to solve business/technical problems; provide technical solutions. Escalate customer concerns to management.
- Execute against IT plan for assigned business/technical area with guidance from manager/peers. Manage activities relative to the business area IT plan (application portfolio management, data security & determination of the business requirements for disaster recovery, availability & fail-over capability of systems). Stay abreast of operational performance & impact to business. Serve as key respondent/facilitator for internal/external application audits.
- Develop/leverage relationships with IT Operations area/other CO Operations teams so that solutions are aptly prioritized within overall scope of activities.
- Respond to organizational & regulatory initiatives/directives. Understand/implement necessary procedures & infrastructure required to facilitate completion of operational changes with guidance from manager/peers.
- Stay abreast of industry/technology trends to provide advice on when to innovate & when to use traditional approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mgmt Information Systems, Computer Science, Eng./related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Five years application support, information technology infrastructure support.
- Demonstrated strong business and technical acumen.
- In depth knowledge of one or more core applications.
- Excellent relationship management, facilitation, project management, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build subject matter and tools expertise, drive consistency in processes.
- Excellent relationship management, communication, collaboration and problem solving skills required.
- Proven strong analytical skills.
- Proven excellence documentation & presentation.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Proven experience working well with others in a customer-focused dept. to deliver both business processes & system functionality in support of business initiatives.
- Proficient in applicable PC programs & MS-Office tools.
- 3 years of IT process management
- At least 2 years of experience in IT Asset Management
- Knowledge of one or more IT asset management applications (HP/MicroFocus IT Asset Manager, Service Now, BMC Remedy, etc.).
- ITIL Foundations certification or advanced ITIL certification.
- Experience with regulatory compliance planning, documentation and audit participation.
- 3 or more years of experience in the utility industry or similarly regulated industry (finance, health care, etc.)
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56773:Service Management Office || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16083
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com