You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate Settlement of the New England Wholesale Electric Markets, the Open Access Transmission Tariff, the ISO Self-Funding Tariff, and other settlement-related processes/functions. This role requires the understanding of the Wholesale Electric Markets, the interactions and dependencies between the Markets, and how the work by various departments within the ISO affects these Markets. The ability to work and think independently, and the initiative to identify and resolve issues, are requirements for this role. In addition, the position functions as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), and must be able to respond to requests for information through the performance of detailed analysis, with communication of the results in a clear and concise manner.
- Responsible for accurate settlement of the New England Markets, Tariffs, and any other settlement-related processes/functions
- Understand the Tariff and the ISO New England Manuals as they pertain to the settlement of the New England Markets, so that the proper verification steps and controls activities are executed at the correct time intervals
- Determine control activities in accordance with SSAE 16 requirements; create and maintain processes and procedures required to properly verify settlement results in accordance with the effective Tariff and Manuals
- Perform complex ad-hoc queries and analysis for ISO Management and other ISO personnel to support decision making processes
- Assist in the testing of software changes and evaluating their impact on business procedures
- Review and propose changes to internal processes and procedures based upon the Tariff, Manuals and best practice enhancements
- Function as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) responsible for answering Market specific questions as well as being able to explain the interactions and dependencies between the Markets
- Create and maintain Settlement training materials, and conduct training on areas of expertise
- Perform special projects as assigned by Market Analysis and Settlements Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Electrical Engineering, Accounting, or related field or equivalent degree
- 5-10 years related experience
- Analytical/problem solving skill
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work effectively with others
- Ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner in both oral and written form
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience in customer service and cross departmental dependencies
- Understanding of deregulated electric utility industry
- Knowledge of ISO New England Transmission, Markets and Services Tariff, ISO New England Manuals and Operating Procedures
- Proficiency in SAS or Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Proficiency with SQL or other Analytical Reporting Tools such as Oracle Discoverer or Oracle Business Intelligence
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.