Are you looking for a new opportunity to support and drive industry-leading software development? Are you excited to work with a small, creative team? Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team, and that could be you!
This position is located at SEL’s Chattanooga, TN office. Chattanooga offers access to a wide variety of amenities, including outdoor activities, concerts, community events, and shopping options.
Software Engineer – Web Applications
- Participate in preparation of specifications.
- Design firmware/software.
- Implement firmware/software designs.
- Understand hardware and software interactions, and collaborate with Hardware Engineers.
- Prepare and maintain designs and test documentation.
- Review data sheets and instruction manuals.
- Mentor Associate Engineers and Technicians.
- Participate in industry technical meetings and conferences as needed to meet operational and strategic plans.
- Continuously identify, measure, follow, and improve R&D processes.
- Understand, create, simplify processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Typically, 2+ years of experience in either of the following areas:
- Web Development
- Web Services: REST API, AJAX, JSON, XML, WebSocket and JQuery
- Server Technology: MongoDB, Node.js and Google Dart
- Graphical User Interface applications in Windows environments including:
- object oriented design
- object oriented languages (Java, C#, C++, Python)
- Embedded Linux systems development including:
- C, C++, Python
- Other scripting languages
- Experience in development of database technologies (PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Industrial controls
- 3-phase electric power systems
- Modern communications protocols
- Digital and analog circuitry
- Digital communications and signal processing
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.