Austin Energy Customer Account Manager
Job Requisition Number
Customer Account Management
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job plus four years related experience, two (2) in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) yrs
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
This position will work cross-functionally to improve the customer experience, earn the trust of Revenue Measurement & Control (RMC) stakeholders, and manage contract/vendor performance. The Austin Energy Customer Account Manager will be accountable for Performance Reporting, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Contract Management, Workforce Management, Process Improvement, Field Service Automation, Dispatch and Support. This position will report to the Director of Revenue Measurement & Control within Customer Account Management.
Working with Austin Energy provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, training opportunities and more. Please click HERE for more information.
- The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please be sure to detail on the application all current and previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
- The Employment Record should be complete with job titles, employment dates, job duties, functions, and responsibilities for each position held. Gaps in employment must include an explanation and dates of unemployment. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your application.
- Résumés will not be accepted and statements such as “see résumé” will not be accepted. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable.
- Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement. Once the job posting has closed, applications cannot be changed.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
- Your skill level in some of the competency areas for this job may be assessed through skills testing.
- Candidates moving forward in the interview process will receive information and instructions for preparing a short presentation to be given as part of the interview process.
- Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED, undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution.
- If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
- This position requires a criminal background investigation.
- This position is categorized as Essential Personnel with the City of Austin. Essential staff are required to work during emergencies or bad weather if they are scheduled to work and, in some cases, when they are not scheduled. Essential employees ensure the continuance of key operations in order to maintain the safe delivery of electric service for the City of Austin.
- Work hours may include after hours, holidays, and weekends.
- Shifts may change according to departmental needs.
- Employee may be required to work additional hours outside of regular work schedule.
- This position is considered FLSA Exempt. Exempt employees are salaried and, except as provided, are not eligible for overtime compensation.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- The hours of operation for this work unit are 5:00am – 10:00pm.
- This position is considered “essential” which may require you to work outside of normal business hours.
Job Close Date