Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
Graduation with a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university may substitute for two (2) years of the non-supervisory experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
This position leads and manages Austin Energy’s Occupational Health and Safety business unit. The manager will directly supervise and manage a team responsible for successful implementation of several enterprise health and safety programs tailored to Austin Energy’s mission and operations. The Manager reports to the Director of Environmental Health and Safety Services and works directly with leaders throughout the entire organization including senior executives and the General Manager.
Austin, Texas is a vibrant and dynamic city that tops many lists for business, entertainment, and quality of life. One of the country’s most popular, high-profile “green” and culturally rich cities, Austin was recently selected the number one Best Place to Live in the U.S. (U.S. News & World Report).
• The City of Austin employment application is an official document
• The application and resume must mirror each other.
• Statements such as “see resume” on the application will be considered and your application will be considered as an incomplete.
• Please be sure to detail on the application all current and previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
• The Employment Record should be complete with job titles, employment dates, job duties, functions, and responsibilities for each position held. Gaps in employment must include an explanation and dates of unemployment. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable.
• Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your application.
• Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement. Once the job posting has closed, applications cannot be changed.
• Your skill level in some of the competency areas for this job may be assessed through skills testing.
• Candidates moving forward in the interview process will receive information and instructions for preparing a short presentation to be given as part of the interview process.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
• Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED, undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution.
• If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
• This position requires a criminal background investigation.
• Work hours may include after hours, holidays, and weekends.
• Shifts may change according to departmental needs.
• Employee may be required to work additional hours outside of regular work schedule.
• This position is considered FLSA Exempt. Exempt employees are salaried and, except as provided, are not eligible for overtime compensation.
Regular Work Schedule.
Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm.
This position is Exempt and will require to work additional hours outside of the regular work schedule , including nights, weekends, holidays and during emergencies.Job Close Date