Position Description: Cloud Software Engineer that is a full stack engineer with (DISA Big Data Platform) BDP experience and knowledge . The BDP CSE will understand architecture and secure coding practices.
· Design, develop and analyze complicated and difficult software programs for computer based systems.
· Perform systems modeling, simulation and analysis.
· Collaborate with hardware design engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and work with them to resolve incompatibilities.
· As required, provide inputs for documentation of new or existing programs.
· Develop, test, deploy cyber parsers into environment
· Develop, test, and deploy analytics that meet SOC and CONMON functional requirements
· Deploy and maintain security architecture
· Troubleshoot problems in target system
**External Referral Eligible**
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 14 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 12 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Preferred Certifications: Certifications could include:
• 12 years of experience with programming languages (e.g. Java, J2EE, Scala) and at least 2 years with cloud applications (i.e. Hadoop, Accumulo, MapReduce, Cloudbase, MongoDB, etc.)
• Training and/or experience with the Linux operating system, Ozone Widget Framework (OWF), Agile process, and the latest front end libraries.
• Experience with Java, GitHub repositories, and Apache Maven and Hadoop.
• Experience with the agile software lifecycle.
• Must be willing and able to learn new things and stay on top of the latest and greatest technologies.
• Able to review code for content related to security vulnerabilities.
• Experience in developing parsers and analytics for the DISA BDP (Big Data Platform).
• Candidate should have an inquisitive nature, responsiveness, and excellent testing skills.
• Knowledge of Fortify, Findbugs, Sonar,SonarQube, Burp.
• Must also possess strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines. Patience in working with non-technical end users is essential.
• Team Work: Excels both autonomously and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way. Ability to influence others and move a team toward a common vision or goal.
• Leadership: Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges. Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
• Communications: Ability to interact with senior managers, junior staff, and business unit (non-technical) customers clearly and efficiently, both verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
• Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics. Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
• Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
• Patience in working with non-technical end users is essential.