Location(s): CO - Arvada
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Provide direction and support in the Builders Call Line operation. Manage the daily operations of a call team, handle escalated customer inquiries and issues, assist in completion of the daily work as needed, support employees, monitor performance, set goals, problem solve and implement process improvements. Responsible for team building and communications across Builders Call Line.
- Responsible for the daily, weekly and monthly planning, organizing, monitoring and assignment of specific tasks of employees. Provide leadership, counsel, support and developmental opportunities for the employees of the organization in order to meet operational needs as well as future needs of the organization.
- Responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of process improvements in response to industry changes or organizational needs. Oversee work of team to ensure conformance with these procedures. Responsible for the development, maintenance and training of department policies, procedures and processes. Assure quality and adherence to standards. Develop, communicate and maintain uniform and consistent departmental processes.
- Responsible for addressing and resolving escalated customer questions and inquires related to requests of design and construction services.
- Interface with Xcel Energy personnel and industry experts to identify technical services benchmarking. Establish objectives for technical excellence and standardization. Understand and document customer and business needs and make adjustments to processes and technology with key business partners to create and design the new process, organization and technology. Contribute as a subject matter expert (SME) as related to ServConn and BCL system processes. Lead the development, documentation and implementation support of end-to-end processes that impact BCL dept.
- Monitor and evaluate individual performance. Conduct periodic performance reviews and discussions. Manage performance of work teams through clear communication of expectations, engaging team in work completion and process improvement, giving recognition, and using positive discipline. Administer bargaining unit agreement as applicable. Conduct staffing and selection process for bargaining and non-bargaining unit positions. Apply company/union protocol on grievances, disciplines and Peer Group Resolution and performance measurements.
- Responsible for planning for and managing employees training needs. Ensure technical training is identified and completed for work team. Hold team accountable for participating and applying training. Participate in the training process by establishing needs, contributing to development/design, providing on-the-job training, and ensuring training effectiveness is assessed. Assist with informational data with hired contractors to ensure process quality maintained.
- Serve as liaison between design engineering and construction management and their work team. Understand and communicate the alignment of Xcel Energy goals. Coordinate with all other company groups for the purpose of planning, establishing and maintaining the effective use of the Builders Call Line group. Participate in meetings requested or required to provide department scope, purpose, and support informative educational opportunities regarding BCL department processes with internal and external company organizations. Communicate with and establish effective working relationships with external entities and internal organizations outside normal span of control to maximize efficiency and responsiveness. Improve outer department and external customer communication.
- Ensure key financial reporting controls under Sarbanes-Oxley requirements are met. Prepare and monitor department's annual budget. Coordinate with Delivery partners if audited processes require process improvement attention. Responsible for the proper interpretation and applications of rules and regulations, both internally and externally.
- High School graduate. Two plus years post high school education desirable.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Construction, Design or closely related field.
- Prior call center experience desired.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, problem solving, team building, and decision-making.
- Working knowledge of Delivery computer systems and standard PC applications.
- Must be self-motivated and results-oriented.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Arvada || CO - Arvada || United States (US) || Operations || 41306:Builders Call Line PSCo || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16541
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com