Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Builder/Developer Representatives will manage strong partnership relationships with the largest builders and developers to support XE revenue growth through new customer connections. By providing excellent technical and process expertise and collaboration to the key Builders and Developers, the Company will deliver the level of customer service these customers need, expect and deserve. This position can be filled out of one of our service centers in the Denver Metro Area.
- Serve as the primary contact, source of information and internal decision maker for large builders and developers; through strong relationships and trust, work with the builders and developers to examine the technical feasibility and associated requirements for future development possibilities; provide direction and guidance to builders and developers about the critical responsibilities and technical processes associated with constructing and completing the subdivisions; concerning large residential and commercial subdivisions. Provide high level project details and associated times lines, cost, and construction requirements. Facilitate collaborative meetings and decision making with internal and external parties such as Cities, Counties, State, contractors, engineers, ROW, Legal, Operations and Community Relations; Provide technical expertise to plan and resolve problems; Work as an external liaison with XE Community relations and outside governing officials.
- Act as internal expert on new residential and commercial subdivision growth trend types and locations to support resource planning initiatives; externally host regular formal information sharing and collecting events throughout the year to keep builders and developers updated on XE construction planning; Provide internal consultation with engineering and resource planning to make sure company is aware and prepared for future growth.
- Identify opportunities to grow XE business through the addition of new electric and gas connections, additional electric and gas load growth and new products including solar, EV and other new technology; Negotiate growth transactions to enhance XE business.
- Represent Xcel Energy within the Residential Building Industry through various channels, such as the Home Builders Association, State and local government, regulatory agencies, building and constructing industries.
- College degree in related field required.
- At least five or more years (equivalent) experience in Design, Engineering, Construction Planning, or Building trades – Gas and Electric or residential or commercial construction technical acumen preferred.
- Understanding of construction policies, procedures, and electric or gas operations is desirable.
- Demonstrated customer centric communication and interpersonal skills are critical.
- Needs ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Ability to address complex issues in a public setting, while representing Xcel Energy - willingness to work non-traditional hours as needed.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 64000:Dir Denver Metro West PSC || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16846
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com