THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION
To engage in activities (processing Purchase Orders and Contracts) associated with the purchase and delivery of materials, equipment, supplies, services, construction and professional services to support SECI operation’s at all locations. Ensures timely processing of Purchase Requisitions to support SECI operations, identifies and reduces risk, avoids duplication and waste, and promotes fairness from the procurement process all while following SECI’s Policies, Procedures and Practices and good business sense.
Requires an Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or related field plus four (4) years of purchasing experience. Professional Certification highly desirable. Two (2) years of practical experience may be substituted for one (1) year of college.
* Assists in the selection of Contractors/Vendors for establishment of approved bid lists, prepares quotes, RFI’s & bid packages, conducts formal bid openings, prepares bid summary and pricing analysis, prepares risk analysis based on commercial terms, coordinates technical recommendations, prepares Contract and Purchase Order (P.O.) recommendations for award (RFA), prepare additional funding requests (RFAF), issues executed P.O.s, Contracts, Amendments and Change Orders all per SECI’s Policy, Procedures and Practices.
* Monitors expiring contracts and provides updates to end users.
* Prepare detailed dollar evaluation of bids to determine lowest evaluated bidder.
* Negotiates terms and conditions of exceptions to SECI’s standard commercial terms.
* Expedites P.O.s and Contracts to ensure deliveries in accordance with commitments.
* Coordinates with user departments to ensure the proper delivery of needed goods and services to the correct location.
* Develops work priorities based on critical plant/transmission operational needs
* Receives, reviews and processes Synergen Purchase Requisitions (PR’s) in a timely manner.
* Coordinates discrepancies (NCM’s) with materials management, user and vendor groups.
* Investigates, determines need for and recommends guidelines for dealing with vendors on late shipments.
* Reviews all scopes of work and technical specifications ensuring that they are clear and concise and do not conflict with the other parts of the Contract or Purchase Order.
* Conducts vendor evaluations and writes various reports, analysis and presentations.
* Processes allowable transactions via Corporate Procurement Card
* Reduces risk through proper conformance of P.O.s and Contracts i.e. Insurance and Site Adm. are included.
* Works with users and Accounts Payable (A/P) to resolve problem invoices which cause delays in vendor payments or lost prompt payment discounts.
* Other duties as applicable to the position or as assigned.
Some travel and work outside of normal business hours. While working in certain areas of the plant there is the potential for exposure to hazards typical of an industrial working environment. Must be able to follow established protective measures including, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE). Fieldwork may involve visits to construction sites, power plants and conferences.