About The Position
The ADMS Career Engineer is responsible for providing technical and user support to system operators, division office workers, division engineering, and information technology personnel for ADMS applications.
Key responsibilities include:
• Analyze, recommend, design, plan, test, implement and support Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS), enabling smart grid with applications including: SCADA, Power Flow, Fault Locating, Switching, Outage Management, and Reporting/Dashboards.
• Perform system/data analysis, design software enhancements, test system functionality, and maintain application configuration settings of the ADMS applications.
• Perform electric distribution engineering analysis using the ADMS advanced applications, and maintain ADMS advanced applications to confirm proper operation and/or identify improvements.
• Provide technical and user support to system operators, division office workers, division engineering, and information technology personnel for ADMS applications. Provide training and documentation when needed/requested.
• Guide development and processing efforts of Information Technology, outside contractors, and vendors as assigned. Engage with ADMS vendor, user groups, and utility peers to ensure Ameren's requirements are incorporated into future software releases.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university. Engineer-in-Training or Professional Engineer registration preferred. Three or more years' experience with software application development, relational databases, and server / network infrastructure required. Experience with Electric Power Distribution and applications such as Advanced Distribution Management System, Outage Analysis System, GIS Geographic Information Systems, and Electric Circuit Analysis systems preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Must have strong analytical, communication, and teamwork skills. Must be self-starter and a team member, and capable of addressing multiple projects/priorities.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.