Ameren Missouri has been providing electric and gas service for more than 100 years, and the company's electric rates are among the lowest in the nation. Ameren Missouri's mission is to power the quality of life for its 1.2 million electric and 127,000 natural gas customers in central and eastern Missouri. The company's service area covers 64 counties and more than 500 communities including the greater St. Louis area. For more information, visit AmerenMissouri.com or follow Ameren Missouri on Facebook or Twitter.
About The Position
The Engineer performs structural and civil engineering studies, designs, and project management activities for the maintenance and renovation of existing, or construction of new, facilities at the Ameren Missouri, Non-Nuclear Energy Centers with local travel required.
The position is primarily based at the Green Park Power Operations Development and Resource Center (DRC) with key responsibility for supporting the Non-Nuclear Energy Centers.
Key responsibilities include:
· Responsible for the development of structural and civil engineering solutions, designs, cost and schedule estimates.
· Perform engineering studies, design, modeling and project management for the maintenance and renovation of existing Energy Center facilities and/or the construction of new Energy Center facilities. Similar engineering activities may also be performed at other non-Energy Center facilities.
· Develop engineering solutions, cost and schedule estimates and preliminary designs associated with initial development and budgeting of Energy Center projects.
· Upon project authorization, perform detailed design and work with Drafting to complete drawings, prepare specifications for equipment and construction contracts, analyze proposals, finalize cost and schedule estimates, and assist or lead in the planning, construction, and coordination of projects as appropriate.
· Interact and collaborate with various Engineering groups, vendors, contractors, architect/engineering firms, and internal customers to achieve project objectives.
· Maintain technical skills necessary to provide structural engineering assistance and guidance to Energy Center staff.
· Provide structural and civil engineering support functions to other projects and project teams within Power Operations Services.
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university required. Professional Structural Engineer (S.E.) License preferred. Professional Engineer (P.E.) License with strong Structural Engineering experience preferred. Professional Engineer License, or an active commitment to obtain one, is preferred. Experience in the design of steel, concrete structures and foundations preferred. Five or more years of relevant experience in structural engineering design and project management in Civil Engineering work environment preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Candidate must have good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills. Candidate must also have capability to work effectively as part of a project team with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments and projects. Local travel is required. Overnight travel is expected to be limited.
*Technical career path level depends upon applicants' credentials and position market pay level.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.