Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Provides leadership for regional Claims Services Department in the General Counsel organization. Manages a team that is responsible for major incident investigations involving gas, electric and steam facilities, incident file retention, litigation support and evidence preservation. Assists Senior Claims Manager in the implementation of initiatives and ensures compliance with departmental and investigative procedures and processes. Coordinates and provides support to legal counsel and their staff on claims asserted against the company, from the inception to conclusion of the case including court room testimony, investigation and resolution of public claims, and the billing and collection of company damage claims. Responsible for development and training of claims staff, including investigators and senior investigators. Responds to and supervises major incident investigations, including after-hours call out 24/7/365.Essential Responsibilities
- Implement, evaluate and administer processes, programs and policies that drive high quality and cost effective investigation, litigation support, and collection activity. Ensure compliance with investigative processes and procedures, documentation and evidence preservation.
- Provide leadership to Claims Services Department and directly supervise, coach, and ensure the development of claims staff, including investigators and senior investigators. Provide mentorship on difficult decision-making processes that impact the company's exposure for future financial obligations and potential litigation.
- Supervise major incident investigations, including after-hours call out 24/7/365.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with legal department and all levels of management and field employees to leverage existing programs and utilize resources throughout the company in a cost effective manner. Assist Senior Manager in developing and maintaining working relationships with local, State and Federal agencies including fire and police personnel; work with and guide Principal Investigators in the development of seminars and training for first responders.
- Responsible for the oversight of billing and collection of company damage claims; develops effective processes for tracking collection, statistics and reporting.
- Responsible for other business unit specific duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in gas or electric utility required.
- Two years management/supervisory experience required.
- Experience handling complex claims is required.
- Working knowledge of National Electric Safety Code, NFPA Standards, and relevant sections of the Code of Federal Regulations required.
- Competent in the use of basic Microsoft office programs, and specialized programs specific to claims processes required.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and personal transportation required.
- Ability to respond to field emergencies after hours 24/7/365 required.
- Position requires exposure to noise, dirt, odors, confined/restricted areas, hot and cold weather conditions.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || General Counsel || 80050:Claims Services South || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17152
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com