Client Services Manager
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Reporting to the Vice President, Client Services and Chief Client Officer, the Client Service Manager (CSM) bears primary responsibility for managing the relationship between TEA and its clients, as well as providing leadership and capabilities in business development. The CSM serves as liaison between TEA’s service lines and its clients. The CSM is responsible for ensuring client satisfaction, providing quality assurance on deliverables to clients, and providing feedback internally to ensure ongoing improvement. The CSM will support the Chief Client Officer in business development activities, which may include creating regional marketing plans, identifying new prospects for business development both within TEA’s existing client base and with new clients, leading business development efforts, and collecting/disseminating market intelligence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring that all relationships all transactional interfaces (front, middle and back offices) between assigned client organizations and TEA are productive and working amicably and smoothly.
- Responsible for ensuring that TEA’s portfolio management services meet clients’ needs. This includes having a deep understanding of the clients’ values, assets, markets, goals, constraints, issues, and competitive pressures.
- Responsible for working with client staff to develop and implement the framework for portfolio management, working with TEA’s trading and analytics groups to devise long- and short-term trading strategies to help clients meet those goals, developing opportunities to optimize client portfolios across the relevant region, and communicating TEA’s understanding of the clients’ goals and performance of the strategies to clients’ management teams.
- Responsible for managing overall client satisfaction.
- Actively engage in ongoing client education concerning TEA services and industry issues, including enhancing and maintaining their level of understanding in the areas of Risk Management and Hedging.
- Actively seeks opportunities to integrate TEA’s services and self into client’s strategic functions.
- Responsible for providing thought leadership as it pertains to the overall client experience, including human and technological touch points.
- Responsible for cross-functional Portfolio Management team leadership.
- Responsible for assisting with the implementation of TEA’s strategic plan as it relates to maintaining and enhancing effective client relationships.
- Responsible for overseeing the integration of new clients into TEA’s business model.
- Responsible for providing direct feedback regarding the quality of TEA’s service delivery to the Chief Operating Officer and service line Directors.
- Responsible for continually seeking opportunities to increase revenue from assigned clients and for recommending new services that lower TEA’s cost of service to its members.
- Responsible for seeking ways to market additional services to existing clients. Efforts include creating marketing materials for specific offerings and presenting to clients.
- Responsible for marketing-related tasks, including assistance with trade shows, development of promotion and educational materials, writing white papers, speaking at industry events, making presentations, etc.
- Responsible for managing the commercial relationship with assigned clients, including defining scope, negotiating fees, and managing scope and fee changes with client management.
- Responsible for regular travel to client sites and industry events to establish, support and maintain client and business development relationships.
This position involves ongoing Project Management responsibilities as described above. No direct supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in business, marketing, engineering, economics or other related field(s). MBA highly desired. A minimum of fifteen years related industry experience, customer service experience, and/or training. Proven track record in working effectively with customers at all levels of an organization, and of dealing constructively and effectively internally with complex issues across departments.
Preferred candidates will have significant commercial experience in financial and physical commodity markets (includes electricity, natural gas, and capacity).
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Leading Change Competency
- Leadership Competency
- Result-Driven Competency
- Business Acumen Competency
- Building Coalitions Competency
- Client Focus
- Integrity Competency
- Teamwork Competency
- Excellence Competency
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong, proven ability to effectively communicate complex information and issues at all levels of an organization.
- Strong, proven ability to develop and maintain business relationships at all organizational levels in any type of organization.
- Must be familiar with energy trading terminology and procedures.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and apply state-of-the-art risk management and information system software.
- Must demonstrate technical competence in the workings of all TEA services and possess the ability to communicate with technical personnel effectively about TEA services at all levels.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all aspects of the energy industry and conversant on all current energy industry issues.