Description:Job Summary: The Cloud Security Architect will lead the design and development of security monitoring of cloud architectures for different types of cloud and cloud/hybrid systems. This position will directly contribute to the overall enterprise cloud security architecture at DHS and lead the security vision and strategy around cloud-based applications. The Cloud Security Architect will serve as the central point of contact for the Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC) for other Technology teams within the organization. The successful candidate possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with other leaders across the DHS enterprise to identify opportunities and risks and develop and deliver solutions that support business strategies and protect Organization intellectual property. Primary Responsibilities:
- Design and develop security monitoring architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid based systems.
- Represents Security Platform in development and implementation of the overall global enterprise cloud architecture.
- Acts as the senior technical representative for Enterprise Security while engaging with other senior technical leaders throughout organization in design and implementation of cloud and cloud/hybrid based implementations and solutions.
- Works with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions.
- Develops standards in partnership with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development.
- Leads initiatives designed to share knowledge across Security Platforms and/or Technology teams. Identifies, recommends, coordinates, deliver timely knowledge to support teams regarding technologies, processes or tools.
- Develops and executes strategies to increase Cloud Security knowledge throughout the enterprise.
Qualifications:Basic Qualifications: The candidate must currently possess or be able to obtain a DHS EOD and be eligible for Top Secret/SCI. BS in IT related field or higher and 12 - 15 years' experience in an information technology field.
External Referral Eligible Desired Skills:
- 5 years' experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, VMware NSX, and Office 365
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, VMware NSX and implementation of native and third party cloud workload protection platforms (CWPP) and CASB solutions such as AWS Inspector, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, vArmour, Dome9 Security, Illumio, McAfee Skyhigh, and Symantec Elastica
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security)
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, SAML, etc.)
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated.
- Sr. Level security or management certification is required, e.g. CISSP, PMP.
- AWS and Azure certifications are also desired
External Referral EligibleLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.