UC Davis Medical Center
Co-Gen Operator (2 openings)
Salary Range: $34.78 to $45.92 Hourly
Plant Operations and Maintenance Co-Gen Operator is responsible for the operations, of gas turbine generator, steam turbine generator, emergency diesel generators, electrical switchgear, heat recovery steam generator, packaged steam boilers, deaerator heater/tank assembly, steam absorption chillers, centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, heat exchangers and condensers, reverse osmosis water treatment system, air compressors and dryers, pumps, piping, valves (manual and control), regulators, heaters, fans and air handlers. Monitor and perform operational adjustments, and service alarms on a Bailey lnfi 90 distributed control system, a Johnson Metasys energy management system, and other equipment control for building monitoring systems. Maintenance of a preventive and corrective maintenance program to insure reliable operation of the central plant, and an accurate maintenance history of all plant equipment.
• Operation and maintenance experience with, but not limited to, gas turbine generator, steam turbine generator, electrical switchgear, steam boiler operations, diesel generator, absorption chillers, centrifugal chillers and cooling.
• Experience chemically testing and treating heat recovery steam generator, small package steam boilers, steam piping, condensate systems, closed loop hot and chill water systems, and circulating water systems including cooling towers.
• Skills to understand written work instructions, technical manuals, blueprints, computer screens, printouts, etc.
• Oral and written communication skills adequate to convey instructions, directions and information to co-workers, managers, customers, and contractors.
• Experience with LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out).
• Experience with reverse osmosis water treatment system.
• Operation experience with air compressors, air dryer, fans and air handler operations.
• Knowledge of commonly accepted industry operation/maintenance practices and University policies and procedures.
• Skills to manage programs and maintain files, records, and logs.
• THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
Requisition number #051360
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer