SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
SRP is recruiting for an Event Marketing Intern. The ideal candidate should be committed to a minimum of a year with the potential of an extension, depending on performance. The immediate business need is for an average of 20-25 hours during work week with additional hours on weekends & nights as deemed by event schedule. The candidate should be a college sophomore or junior studying the disciplines of communications, marketing, special events, business, or other related fields.
• Support various analysts throughout the planning process of events, including gathering event information, researching best practices and product innovation
• Ability to manage multiple projects with completing priorities, and following written or oral instructions
• Interact with a variety of departments within SRP, as well as with customers and corporate partners
• Maintain a working knowledge of SRP programs and initiatives, and educate customers at community events
• Assist with event set-up and tear-down, including packing event materials, loading/unloading signage and display materials, and other tasks as needed
• Perform office duties including inventory tracking, organizing event materials, deliveries and other activities as assigned
• Local travel needed, upon completion of the initial training period
College level coursework (100+) from an accredited institution will be evaluated on an individual basis according to the skill/level to determine if applicable to the position by management.
• College sophomore or junior preferred
• Proficient working in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Flexible and willing to step in and provide hands-on assistance as needed
• Able to gather comprehensive information to support decision marking
• Support and represent SRP in a professional manner at all times
• Adaptable to interpersonal style to suit different people or situations
• Experience and/or interest in developing skills related to corporate events
• Must be able to lift 30+ pounds
• Experience with Photoshop a plus
Requisition ID: 8975
EOE - SRP encourages a diverse workforce
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance