About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [FEU]
The Compliance & Procedures Engineer is a position within Transmission Operations and supports the needs of the business unit in the Compliance & Procedures, Training and Power Network Applications areas as needed.
- Providing technical consulting for development of written responses on compliance matters
- Providing technical input into regulatory audits and regulatory requests for information,
- Providing compliance evidence and answering technical questions during NERC and PJM Audits
- Assessing the impact of pending NERC Standards and proposed technical changes required to operations
- Working closely with internal staff to support compliance issues
- Performing technical evaluations of operations performed (system and human performance) for meeting regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assisting the Power Network Applications Group as needed regarding network modeling functions in the mathematical simulation computer application
- Assisting the Training Department in developing simulation exercises for procedures and events for Transmission System Operators on the Dispatcher Training Simulator
- Preparing technical reports and summaries, and making presentations when necessary
- Demonstrating a solid commitment to all aspects of safety
- Meeting customer needs by providing sound service and responsiveness
- Actively seeking formal and informal learning opportunities to better understand departmental procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Civil or Mechanical) from an ABET accredited school
- Three (3) to five (5) years professional engineering experience required
- Demonstrated abilities of effective analytical and reasoning capabilities, refined oral and written communication skills, including ability to effectively structure and confidently present information to peers and leadership
- Ability to work independently on assignments that may be broad in nature involving the compilation, preparation, and analysis of various statistical/analytical data, reports, statements, studies, or projects
- Effectively work independently and in unison with fellow team members
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word
- Basic researching skills required
- Desire to continue to learn and grow, work across FirstEnergy, and deliver results
- Ability to deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, customer focused, and results oriented
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team