Conservation Program Associate
Job Requisition Number
Customer Energy Solutions
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university with major coursework in a field related to Environmental Studies, Resource Management, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Construction, Planning, or Business, plus two (2) years of experience related to job.
Masters degree may substitute for up to two (2) years of the required experience.
Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) yearsLicenses or Certifications:
- Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License.
Notes to Applicants
The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history. A detailed and complete employment application is required to help us better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Describe your specific experience for each position. Include all job duties, responsibilities, and employment dates. Any gaps in employment must have an explanation and dates of unemployment. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history.
Resumes will not be accepted. Statements such as “see resume” will not be accepted. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your employment application. Supplemental information or changes to your application will not be accepted after the job posting closes.
The responses to the supplemental questions must reference the employment history listed in the employment history section. Once the requisition has closed, the application cannot be changed to update work history, supplemental questions, or any other information.
We reserve the right to verify high school and college education for the top candidate(s).
If you have any questions regarding your City of Austin employment application, please use the official website of the City of Austin as reference. www.austintexas.gov
VETERAN INTERVIEW PREFERENCE:
Military/Veterans must provide a copy of their DD214 verifying honorable discharge, at the time of initial interview to receive military/veteran interview preference.
CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK:
The top candidate will be subject to a minimum 10 year criminal history background check.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT:
This position is classified as NON-EXEMPT.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
For this position related experience includes: direct experience in conservation programs or projects, promoting energy and water or natural resource conservation.
$18.05 – $22.51
Monday – Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Job Close Date
Type of Posting
Grant Funded or Pooled Position
811 Barton Springs Rd., Austin, TX 78749
- Experience working in residential, multifamily, or commercial energy efficiency programs
- Experience performing energy efficiency program outreach
- Level of expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with customer databases
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the coordination of incentive and rebate programs, including database updates; responds to citizen and contractor inquiries; application verification; customer service; and support of energy, water or natural resource conservation programs.
- Evaluates loan and rebate applications for eligibility and compliance of energy or water retrofit work.
- Investigates and answers citizen complaints, provides assistance related to city programs.
- Provides support in the evaluation of program effectiveness, quality assurance, program design and departmental and program goals.
- Promotes and markets programs to the public by participation in outreach activities including utility-sponsored events, community events, employee fairs, or other venues
- Schedules and assists in pre and post installation inspections, evaluations, and audits to support department conservation initiatives.
- Prepares program and application packets outlining programs offered, eligibility requirements, and contact information.
- Conducts conservation program research; provides information related to energy, water, or natural resource conservation techniques and programs utilized by other organizations.
- Creates detailed reports for management.
- Participates on departmental project teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of energy or water efficiency technologies, practices, programs and rebate requirements.
- Knowledge of department energy or water resource initiatives and targets.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in using computers and related software.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to handle conflict and uncertain situations
- Ability to maintain records and preparing written reports.
- Ability to learn various aspects of environmental, electric or water utility industry and business operations.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with city employees and the public
Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.