Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Xcel Energy has an opening for a Construction Estimator that will be located in Minneapolis, MN or potentially in Denver, CO depending on the successful candidate.
This position is responsible for the development and ongoing support of an estimating process/system for the Energy Supply Engineering and Construction Department. The position will also support the rollout of this process and support the development of projects estimates for the upgrade and maintenance of our generation assets.
- Responsible for estimating and compiling multiple scenarios related to fossil and renewable generation components of a regional integrated resource plan.
- Responsible for development of standard and efficient processes, including creating estimating databases and templates, for integration into project plans. Devises new approaches to problems encountered and imparts technical guidance on unusual or complex problems. Requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extensions of theories, precepts, and practices of the field.
- Responsible to work with Project team to review and refine project estimates for multiple, complex projects. Works to standardize initial development efforts for the ongoing estimating process by self and others, including working as a fully competent estimator in all conventional aspects of the subject matter or the functional area of the assignment.
- Maintains a thorough, current knowledge of new and innovative techniques in cost estimating. Is technically knowledgeable in specific areas of responsibility to the degree of preparing and providing training for other project personnel. Responsible for developing and maintaining a historical database that utilizes current industries best practices, work management systems and actual cost & productivity data from our current set of completed projects
- Competent with cost estimating software applications and standard server software applications such as e-mail, spreadsheet, word processing, database, etc. Possesses the capability to impart this knowledge to other estimators, and project team.
- Develop and maintain metrics and analytics for estimating to support continuous improvement of the process
- Develop Estimating work instructions, procedures and policies.
- Technical, Construction or Financial Bachelor Degree or 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Must have 5 to 10 years of experience in cost estimating, and reporting in the engineering/construction industry.
- Occasional periods of work entailing travel. May be required to work in an office, as well as an industrial plant environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of estimating methods for complex projects.
- Experience in the energy industry is desirable.
- Proficient in standard server software applications such as spreadsheets, databases, cost estimating software applications, Reporting tools and Work Mgmt Systems.
- Experience with scheduling software a plus.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Utilities and Corporate Servic || 31115:ES Construction Services || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 10953
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com