Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL - Energy North America is seeking a creative and collaborative team member with a vision for the future of the energy industry for our Energy Insights team. The successful candidate will serve as Consultant and Project Manager, responsible for leading project work, mentoring junior engineering and consulting staff, and interfacing with key clients. This position will require some travel to client offices and sites, other office locations, and conferences, approximately 10-20% of the time.
This position may be located in Medford, MA or Middletown, CT office.
Tasks May Include
- Oversee research projects, including client interaction, development of work plans and leadership of project teams
- Preparing client deliverables including memos, reports, and presentations; developing reports and presentations which enable users to grasp concepts, identify patterns, and make better business decisions
- Executing assignments with required quality and within the agreed schedule and budget
- Working on project-based teams in the delivery of program evaluations, research studies, and other project work related to demand-side management markets and programs
- Mentoring and supporting a team of researchers and consultants
- Collaborating with other project managers and contract managers to share knowledge and ideas in support of innovation, quality project delivery, and customer satisfaction
- Identifying opportunities for adding value and developing innovative approaches for our clients
- Performing primary research such as survey design, conducting or overseeing in-depth interviews, and overseeing market research survey firms.
- Conducting secondary research, including literature reviews, internet research, document review and database review
- Performing qualitative and quantitative data analysis and summarizing results using Microsoft Excel, SAS and/or other statistical or programming packages such as R or Python. Typical types of analysis include survey data analysis, trend identification, market sizing, customer segmentation, and cost-effectiveness assessment
- Interpreting the results of data analyses to produce concise, meaningful conclusions and recommendations for client-facing reports and professional papers.
Note: Please submit a cover letter with your resume that details your specific knowledge in the area of energy efficiency and project management as well as your strengths relative to the other requirements (required)
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree or emphasis in a relevant discipline (HR/Personnel Management, Business, Statistics, Economics, Energy Policy, Engineering) is an asset but not required
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in energy efficiency or demand-side management program implementation or evaluation
- Experience in a consulting environment preferred
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience required
- Expertise in evaluation, measurement, and verification of energy efficiency and demand side measures preferred
- Existing contacts within the northeast energy efficiency industry, in particular with utilities in New England and New York desired
- Proven ability to manage tasks to quality, budget, and deadline targets
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively to complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively lead, motivate and coach people in varying disciplines to achieve improved overall performance
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with diverse people – clients and co-workers
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 20% of the time
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company and Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100 countries, our professionals are dedicated to helping customers in the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!