Location(s): CO - Arvada
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Directs the strategy, development and continuous improvement of processes and systems to accurately manage gas and electric distribution and vegetation management contractor information. Establishes and manages audit processes to validate the performance of contractors within contract terms and conditions, key performance indicators, invoicing and budgetary requirements. Provides information for effective contractor management through the analysis of processes, performance and cost. Leads department employees by directing analyses, invoicing and office contract administration. Manages department employees to ensure alignment with corporate and organizational priorities and goals. Essential Responsibilities
- Develops new and monitors existing processes and controls to provide accurate data and information related to contract compliance and contractor performance, productivity and costs. Analyzes data, develops and implements reporting and forecasting tools to ensure budgetary compliance. Provides guidance and recommendations to organizational leadership relative to contractor management based on analyses of data and trend forecasting.
- Develops new and monitors existing contractor invoicing processes and controls to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness. This includes contract set-up; resource and rate identification, maintenance and compliance; invoice generation and approval. Provides strategic leadership to ensure processes meet Xcel Energy and contractor requirements in the most effective and efficient manner while ensuring contract compliance.
- Manages the maintenance and enhancement of information systems used for contract administration and contractor invoicing. This includes user support and troubleshooting contractor system performance issues. Develops and implements system enhancements to improve operational characteristics of the system and reporting capabilities.
- Manages labor and operating resources within budget, including prioritization of operating decisions and results forecasting. Identifies adverse budget trends and develops solutions.
- Attracts and retains a highly motivated, effective staff. Develops and communicates clear performance expectations. Communicates corporate, business unit and department objectives.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field (6 years related experience may substitute for the degree)
- 5 years of experience in contract administration, gas and electric operations, and/or supply chain, with 2 years of management and/or leadership experience
- Strong analytical skills, expertise in effective communication, leadership, coaching and team management
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of and experience with financial forecasting and budgeting processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of auditing, accounting and finance principles
- Experience with PC and mainframe computer applications and analytical software
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and providing work direction to meet objectives in a changing business environment, and ability to interact with many diverse work groups in a broad setting
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Arvada || CO - Arvada || United States (US) || Operations || 63700:Dir Cont & Utility Svc PSC || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19921
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org