THIS IS A PART-TIME INTERN POSITION. CANDIDATES MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN SCHOOL TO QUALIFY.
Position Summary Description
Provide support to Operational Planning Engineers in completion of tasks including, but not limited to, development of plans for transmission system operations and resource optimization, ad hoc engineering and economic analyses, maintaining power flow and unit commitment models and periodic review of operational practices and procedures.
* Obtains data and performs comparisons and analyses in support of System Operations initiatives.
* Assists in performing real-time and next-day transmission load flow analyses using power system analysis applications.
* Assists in performing real-time and next-day operational planning analyses for optimal supply of Member demand and energy requirements in a reliable and economic manner using unit commitment and economic dispatch application.
* Assists with troubleshooting and validation of input data for computerized simulation software applications associated with power system analysis and unit commitment.
* Creates and/or modifies displays on the Energy Management System.
* Reviews and updates department practices and procedures as needed.
* Other duties as applicable to the position, or as assigned.
All work will be under normal office conditions. Regular working hours apply. Flexible hours.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High school diploma plus 30 credit hours of undergraduate courses in preparation for a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
* Basic Power System Engineering principles
* Microsoft Office
* Technical drawings, diagrams and instruction manuals
* Written and verbal communication