This is a part-time intern position. You must be currently enrolled in a degree seeking program in order to apply.
To provide technical support to engineering and technical staff, including Transmission and Substation Engineering. Duties include assisting in the development of drawings, specifications, modeling, field studies, reports and calculations associated with the development of engineering packages in support of transmission and substation construction and maintenance projects.
* High school diploma, including a minimum of 30 credit hours of undergraduate course work (acceptance into the college of Engineering preferred) in preparation for a B.S Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil (Structural) Engineering.
* None (entry level position)
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of basic engineering principles and the ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications is essential. Candidate must possess solid computer skills and should be proficient in AutoCAD, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have a fundamental understanding of structural and/or electrical engineering principles. Oral and written communication skills are essential as well as the ability to take both oral and written direction for daily work assignments.
* Preference will be given to applicants that have completed at least one semester of specialization core courses and are able to work a minimum of two (2) semesters prior to graduation.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Most of work will be under normal office conditions. Occasional field work may be required. Some work outside regular working hours may also be required.