JOB TITLE: Coordinator/Project Manager, Construction & Maintenance
Department: Construction & Maintenance
Division: Engineering & Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor’s Title: Supervisor, Construction & Maintenance
Location: North Fort Myers, FL
Work hours: Full-time, some long work hours and irregular schedules, rotating 24-hour on-call duty
This position directly manages power distribution construction and maintenance; transmission construction and maintenance; and vegetation management contractor personnel and LCEC personnel.
• Coordinate construction/maintenance (includes vegetation management) of transmission and distribution facilities performed by contractors.
• Maintain all construction/maintenance programs and procedures.
• Perform all required inspections including aerial, mid-cycle and mitigation vegetation inspections.
• Perform outage investigations.
• Supervise LCEC employees, contractors working construction, maintenance, and vegetation management.
• Process work orders from Design & Engineering and Construction Management. Ensure jobs are completed by the scheduled dates to meet service standard goals and customer commitments. On larger projects, utilize the project plans to meet tree trim requirements, service dates, and efficiently coordinate multiple diverse resources.
• Assist in the bidding of special projects and ongoing blanket contracts. Compose work scopes and requirements. Act as the primary contractor contact on certain projects or with certain vendors for LCEC.
• Demonstrate an in depth understanding of the contract terms and conditions. Review and approve contractor field reports and associated invoices/payments. Inspect jobs at various stages and approve contractor construction/maintenance with respect to payment, quality and adherence to standards/job design.
• Coordinate contractors performing emergency repair and power restoration after outages.
• Respond reliably and timely to calls during regular work hours and off regular work hours.
• Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements.
• Coordinate the accounting for all construction materials (issues, returns, salvage, etc.), when applicable.
• Ensure that contractor crews perform duties safely, in accordance with LCEC policies/accident prevention rules/construction & operating standards, and to contract terms and conditions.
• Ensure compliance with applicable codes and permit regulations, including but not limited to environmental, herbicide, and mangrove.
• Resolve customer complaints/inquiries in a timely manner.
• Contribute to implementation and creation of new concepts, processes and ideas to further maintenance programs.
• Contribute to the development of budget forecasts.
• Conduct educational programs for internal/external customers.
• Review and approve contractor timesheets.
• May participate in public hearings, legal proceedings or similar in support of the subject matter expert, may be the subject matter expert.
• Assist or act as the Duty Supervisor when requested.
• Maintain effective working relationships with contractors and LCEC employees, customers and other stakeholders. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during interpersonal communications. Provide current and accurate information to all requests, courteously and in a timely manner.
• Conduct technical duties when required in support of LCEC construction, maintenance, and vegetation related procedures (examples: GIS inspections, joint use/foreign attachment coordination).
• Rotate into other Coordinator roles as needed.
• BA/BS/EE in forestry, electrical engineering, business administration, or related field, or equivalent work experience, (4 years’ utility field experience with 2 years progressively responsible experience in a leadership role), or AA with 6 years utility field experience with 2 years progressively responsible experience in a leadership role.
• Ability to rotate into other C&M Coordinator roles as needed; ability to attain required qualifications within specified time.
• Experience in ROW management, electric utilities, and/or telecommunications.
• Ability to review architectural drawings relative to landscape design.
• Ability to read and follow maps and use GPS, GIS database systems preferred.
• Must have demonstrated excellent administrative skills.
• Must possess skills operating a PC and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and a work management system.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully resolve contractor issues and construction problems.
• Demonstrated understanding of construction processes & standards.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license (within 30 days of becoming a Florida resident).
• Two (2) years’ experience applying the NESC to distribution construction work.
• Two (2) years’ experience coordinating contractor distribution construction activities.
• Specialty Certifications, Licenses, Qualifications dependent on Coordinator Role: i.e. International Society of Arboriculture Certification, State Commercial Pesticide License, MOT, Thermography, CPR.
• Budget management experience.
• TRAQ qualification.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Physical Demands: Must be able to perform the duties described above with only reasonable accommodation. Must be able to drive, sit for long periods of time, walk through local field conditions, and lift weights up to 50 lbs.
• Work Environment: Some inside air-conditioned office work with frequent trips outside.
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a drug test which will include screening for tobacco and background check.