The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic Power Systems / Electrical Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team.
In this role, you will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) NISC support team with the goal of providing outstanding customer service to the FAA.
P rovide the Atlanta, GA Infrastructure Engineering Center assistance in planning, cost estimating, scheduling, engineering, coordination, contracting, installation, inspection, and acceptance of electrical systems/services as part of the Eastern Service Area (ESA) implementation of a wide variety of NAS Infrastructure programs and projects, which includes the critical path distribution system replacement program and other power services group projects.
Projects will range over the geographic scope of the ESA. Specific duties for the position include:
- Ensure accuracy of design, products, and timeliness of project completion.
- Plan and design electrical distribution systems for a variety of FAA buildings and structures and assist with the development and review of project engineering documents to support implementation of Power Services Group project needs.
- Perform on-site surveys to develop "to-scale" designs and detailed reports.
- Generate sketches showing relation of proposed installation in existing or new facilities with exact specifications and dimensions.
- Test and analyze power systems and participate in construction inspections and final inspections inclusive of CAI and JAI.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to identify and resolve problems with the design or implementation. Coordinate design components with a multi-disciplinary team and generate drawings, wiring diagrams, and wiring schematics as required for site-specific modifications and new construction.
- Develop engineering designs and site adaptation of standard engineering designs for electrical power systems including low voltage power distribution systems for mission critical facilities (208V, 240V & 480V).
- Perform Arc Flash Hazard energy calculations and conduct Arc Flash Hazard site assessments.
- Conduct engineering analyses/studies including short circuit analysis calculations, circuit breaker coordination, and ground fault calculations.
- Prepare independent cost estimates and perform project management related tasks and communication (including safety plans, sequence of work, cutover plans).
- Generate and coordinate the Integrated Risk Management Checklists (IRMC), communication plans, project risk register, to meet Operational Risk Management (ORM) requirements.
- Coordinate and complete Work Permits required for potential impact to lead and asbestos that may be encountered during construction.
- Participate in meetings inclusive of the pre-construction meeting and on-site construction meetings with stakeholders to coordinate electrical systems with other ongoing construction and projects.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate construction project activities to meet milestones and deadlines utilizing the Corporate Work Plan Toolset; working directly with stakeholders and contractors.
- Manage and participate in on-site cutovers, testing and restoration of facilities.
- Prepare, maintain, and provide periodic updates of project to team, management, and stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects towards successful on-time completion.
- Review contractor design and construction submittals.
- Perform internal design reviews of FAA designed power projects. Track and reconcile and coordinate closure of JAI project exceptions.
- Provide and coordinate timely response for electrical RFIs (Requests for Information) and project related submittals.
Power system analysis
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- EE Professional Engineer License
- 15 or more years current and relevant experience designing electrical distribution for commercial, industrial and/or government facilities, including main building distribution system, standby engine generator and un-interruptible power systems.
- Experience with power system analysis software such as EDSA Power Analytics and SKM Systems Analysis Power Tools.
- Ability to conduct and interpret power studies including load analysis, arc flash analysis, and short circuit analysis
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications,
- Ability to use the Internet as a gathering and communicating tool.
- Proficiency in AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the written and verbal form.
- Must accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Ability to maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the closure of construction related punch-list items.
- Ability to conduct efficient, organized data gathering, and data analysis.
- Ability to develop project plans, establish project schedules, project estimates
- Basic knowledge of multiple disciplines regarding their general requirements for typical standard types of projects.
- Ability to discuss project related items with stakeholders, contractors and code related Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)