EKPC Company Information East Kentucky Power Cooperative is an electric generation and transmission company headquartered in Winchester, KY, just 15 minutes east of Lexington. We also have facilities across the state of Kentucky that generate electric power and service centers for local power lines and substations support. EKPC offers a wage and benefits package that ranks among the best in the state. EKPC provides a 401(k) retirement plan; a medical and dental plan; competitive vacation package; and a professional work environment. EKPC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veteran Key Roles
This position is responsible for performing all duties necessary to ensure proper and efficient operation of all instrumentation, hydraulic systems, automatic control systems, and mechanical equipment associated with combustion turbines.
- Performs general facility maintenance duties.
- Inspects and/or repair pumps.
- Rebuilds valves.
- Monitors, operates, and controls combustion turbines and auxiliary equipment, and takes appropriate action to maintain normal equipment and system operation.
- Installs, calibrates, and tests various instruments such as pressure temperature, flow, position, and level transmitters, pressure gauges, data recorders, microprocessors, chemical analysis meters, and alarm systems.
- Maintains automatic controls for combustion control, safeguard systems, data acquisition, turbine control systems, water treatment systems, and communication systems.
- Performs hardware and software modifications and installs, monitors, and maintains programmable control systems.
- Performs complicated rigging.
- Operates overhead crane.
- Operates a water treatment and demineralizer plant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Tests turbine trip circuit.
- Strokes valves.
- Calibrates CT vibration system.
- Calibrates thermocouple.
- Calibrates RTD transmitter.
- Modifies alarm points.
- Troubleshoots MARK V.
- Troubleshoots Ladder Logic MARK V.
- Troubleshoots ABB control systems.
- Blows down electronic transmitter sensing lines.
- Calibrates electronic transmitters.
- Changes ranges on electronic transmitters.
- Cleans electronic transmitters.
- Isolates electronic transmitters.
- Modifies electronic transmitters.
- Performs preventive maintenance on electronic transmitters.
- Removes and replaces electronic transmitters.
- Repairs electronic transmitter test fixtures. Repairs electronic transmitters.
- Reprograms electronic transmitters.
- Tests electronic transmitters.
- Troubleshoots electronic transmitters.
- Blows down pneumatic transmitter sensing lines.
- Repairs pneumatic transmitter test fixtures.
- Calibrates analyzers.
- Changes ranges on analyzers.
- Cleans analyzers.
- Isolates analyzers.
- Performs preventive maintenance on analyzers.
- Removes and replace analyzer probe
- Repairs analyzer test fixtures.
- Repairs analyzers.
- Tests analyzers.
- Troubleshoots analyzers.
- Adjusts derivative on rate controllers.
- Adjusts integral settings on controllers.
- Adjusts proportional band or gain on controllers.
- Adjusts setpoints on controllers.
- Blows down controller sensing lines.
- Calibrates controllers.
- Cleans controllers.
- Isolates controllers.
- Modifies controllers.
- Modifies existing controller loops.
- Performs preventive maintenance on controllers.
- Removes and replace controllers.
- Repairs controllers.
- Tests controllers.
- Troubleshoots controllers.
- Assists engineering with SCADA system adjustments.
- Determines riggings paths.
- Uses rigging equipment.
- Troubleshoots static starting system.
- Adjusts/calibrates actuators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s or technical degree in industrial maintenance including mechanical, electronics, electricity, and control systems preferred.
Three (3) years of related experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of pumps and motors, valve operation, and hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Working knowledge of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, millivolt meters, frequency generators, digital and analog voltmeters, manometers, D.C. and A.C. power generators, etc.
- Knowledge of water treatment facilities highly desirable.
- Must be able to read and understand schematic drawings, technical manuals, system logic, and blueprints for digital control systems.
- Training or demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and repair of distributed control systems with emphasis on GE Mark V and/or ABB Mod 300 preferred.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with the ability to work alone.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Safety Awareness
- Initiating Action
- Contributing to Team Success Conditions of Employment
Conditions of Employment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record and must live within one and a half (1.5) hours of the plant.
- Must work a 12-hour rotating shift, if needed; on-call position; nonscheduled overtime is a normal part of job.
- Work environment conditions include: noise, heat, gas emissions, chemical vapors, dust, high-pressure lines, etc.
- Occasional lifting up to fifty (50) pounds; regular climbing and working at heights on stairs and ladders.
- Must follow procedures for wearing a respirator and other protective equipment.