Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. With guidance perform daily custodial maintenance duties including but not limited to sweeping, dusting, scrubbing, mopping, trash removal and appropriate response to requests as needed.
2. Assist employees in routine duties, techniques, and department goals.
3. Partner with others on grounds keeping, personnel moves, and routine floor care.
4. Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; perform routine maintenance as required.
5. Follow and continuously improve workplace safety, environmental practices, area processes, and waste reduction opportunities.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience operating custodial related equipment and using applicable chemicals, supplies, hand, and power tools with minimal guidance.
Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently complete tasks and projects.
Read, understand, follow, and strictly enforce safety procedures.
Work various shifts, hours, and days depending on workload.
Possess a valid driver’s license.
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Ability to perform basic repairs including carpentry, painting, and equipment installation.
2 years of experience in maintaining and cleaning commercial facilities.
Lift and maneuver 40 pounds frequently
Pull weight from high/low shelves
Ability to safely ascend and descend ladders
Stand for at least 8 hours
Boise, ID - This position is located in Boise, ID, capital of the gem state, and on the Boise River in the southwestern part of the state. You will enjoy local restaurants in a vibrant downtown full of small businesses, easy access to mountain foothills and 190 miles of trails. The city is also home to great schools and universities including Boise State University. Boise has been ranked as one of America's fastest growing cities, making it a great place to live and work.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.