Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories is looking to add to our Facilities team with this open Custodian position. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, apply now!
This position is available from Monday through Friday 6:00am - 2:30pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. With close guidance, perform daily custodial maintenance duties of basic complexity including but not limited to sweeping, dusting, scrubbing, mopping, trash removal and appropriate response to requests as needed.
2. Complete routine deliveries and stocking as directed.
3. Assist with grounds keeping, personnel moves, and routine floor care.
4. Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; perform routine maintenance as required.
5. Follow and continuously improve workplace safety, environmental practices, area processes, and waste reduction opportunities.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Ability to operate custodial related equipment and use applicable chemicals, supplies, hand, and power tools with guidance.
Read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Work various shifts, hours, and days depending on workload.
Possess a valid driver’s license.
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Ability to perform basic repairs including carpentry, painting, and equipment installation.
Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently complete tasks and projects.
Lift and maneuver 40 pounds frequently
Pull weight from high/low shelves
Ability to safely ascend and descend ladders
Stand for at least 8 hours
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.