Customer Care Program Manager
Job Requisition Number
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Public Administration, or in a field related to the job, plus four (4) years of administrative/management experience.
- Experience may substitute for education up four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
In conjunction with the Customer Care leadership team, the Customer Care Program Manager plays a key role in identifying and developing new and improved offerings and programs within the Customer Care division. This position requires an analytical approach to conduct research and benchmarking for new department initiatives. The Program Manager must be an excellent communicator and take an adaptive approach to work cross-functionally and integrate business solutions. Working independently with limited instruction, this position uses data to gather information, make associations, present impacts to stakeholders, and help turn concepts into decisions that meet business objectives.
- The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please be sure to detail on the application all current and previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
- The Employment Record should be complete with job titles, employment dates, job duties, functions, and responsibilities for each position held. Gaps in employment must include an explanation and dates of unemployment. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your application.
- Résumés will not be accepted and statements such as “see résumé” will not be accepted. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable.
- Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement. Once the job posting has closed, applications cannot be changed.
- This position requires administrative/management experience which is defined as experience administering organizational functions through leadership (i.e., providing management and oversight, not clerical support). Please include all of your relevant work experience that meets this requirement.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
- Your skill level in some of the competency areas for this job may be assessed through skills testing.
- Candidates moving forward in the interview process will receive information and instructions for preparing a short presentation to be given at the time of the interview.
- Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED, undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution.
- If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
- This position requires a criminal background investigation.
$36.53 – $48.34
- Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm with some flexibility
- Additional work hours may be required to support utility operations
Job Close Date